Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sept 27 2008 SUP Surfing

The waves today were the best that they've been since I got down here. There was no wind and nice glassy swell rolling through between waist and chest high. I had some of my best down the line SUP rides today. I'm starting to get the hang of getting this big board to turn on the wave so today's rides were much more fun and much longer than my past rides. These SUP boards are so big that you really have to move around on the board to get it to turn and then to get it to accelerate down the line. I love that fact that it's so easy to go to the beach for a quick surfing session although today's quick session turned into five hours. Not all of that time was surfing, but I'd be willing to bet I was out there at least two and a half hours and the rest of the time playing fetch with bandit. I think bandit likes the beach as much as I do. When he sees me putting my board in the van he gets all excited and can't wait to get in the van and go.

Air temp 88
Water 80

No comments: