The wind was looking marginal for this afternoon but bandit needed to go for a swim so I drove over to Bluff Marina to see if I might just get lucky. Well after about 45min of throwing bandit his toy the wind started to pick up and some of the locals started to show up as well. I rigged my 12m and headed out on the skim board. I've been working on shuvits the last couple of times out on the skim but this time I wanted to work on jibing. Jibing the skim board is much harder than you would expect it to be. You have to have perfect foot work or the board squirts out from under your feet and you end up falling on your back. I must have practiced this for a couple of hours before I was getting to the point that I could jibe and ride away from most attempts. I was getting tired from falling so much that I decided to get the nobile out and just ride around for awhile and have some fun. I landed a couple of railey to blind worked on unhooked front rolls so I can start working on a slim chance. A slime chance is an unhooked front roll with a opposite rotation handle pass. More on that after I actually try one. All in all it was a good day on the water with some nice steady wind.
Air temp 82
Wind 20mph
Water temp 80
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment