First day of kiting in Corpus Christi, Texas. Sarah and I drove over to Packery Channel with the intention doing some stand up paddling, but it was breezy and we decided to try some kiting instead. I rigged my 12m HP and grabbed my skim board and Sarah rigged a 10m HP and rode the Nobile. The wind was about 15mph from the NE. I launched Sarah and asked a local instructor named Zach if he could give me a launch. Off we rode on the butter smooth flat water of Packery Channel. We rode for about an hour and I worked on my skimboard shuvit transisions and actuall rode away from a number of them. It's harder than you think it would be, but what you do is ride along and edge hard up wind while bring the kite to 12 and then you sort of hang from the kite as you shuv the tail of the board around and then land and ride off in the other direction. Maybe not that cool to watch, but it's fun and challenging. All in all it was a great first day for me in Corpus Christi.
Wind 15mph
water temp 86f
air temp 94f
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment