The wind was light again today so I decided to go to the beach and do some SUP surfing. The waves were small, waist high and choppy but still fun and challenging. I paddled out to the outside break and had some fun rides and then on the way back out I noticed some dolphins jumping out near the outside break. I paddled out to where they were and they started jumping out of the water and swimming back and forth about a hundred feet from me. I think they saw me standing on the board or they heard it moving through the water and decided to come over for a closer look. The swam my way jumping a few times and then dove underwater and that was the last I saw of them. I was paying so much attention to the dolphins and paddling out towards them that I didn't realize how far out I'd gone. I looked down in the water when I was turning the board around to head back in and noticed hundreds of dinner plate sized jelly fish swimming around. I could see the tentacles hanging down a couple of feet from there bodies and knew I didn't want to mess around out there very long. I paddled back in very carefully and managed to catch a wave and ride all the way to the beach without falling off. It's funny what a little fear of swimming with the jelly fish can do.
Air temp 85f
Water temp 80f
Waves waist high
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment