I went to Bluff Marina this afternoon with plans to go kayak fishing but the wind came up and kiting looked to be the better option. Bluff Marina is at the southern end of the Laguna Madre in CC and is a newly developed kiting spot. There's a nice big grass rigging area with a fresh water shower and a fair ammount of parking spots. The wind was light at the start but kept building to the point that I was very overpowered on my 12m. I made the mistake of only taking out the skim board and the glide and left the Nobile in the van. I won't be making that mistake anymore! I would have had a great session on the Nobile but on the glide it was just good. The wind was so steady and the water so flat the I decided to try and ride blind for as long as I possibly could. I thinik I made it about a half mile before I started geting cramps in my toes and had to call it quits on the blind session. This spot is the closest rinding area to our houses (six miles) so I'm planning on spending quite a bit of time there in the future.
wind 15-22
water temp 87
air temp 90
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment