Friday, July 24, 2009

Powered up wake style kiting

Had a good day out at grassy point well powered up on my 9M kite this afternoon. I usually like working on un hooked moves in light wind and almost underpowered conditions but today I decided to start working on the moves like S bends, ralies, and backs to reverts all fully powered up. It's a little unnerving setting up for a ralie when you unhook and the power of the kite feels like it's going to rip your arms off but I decided to just go for it and see what happens. I unhooked, edged hard for the ralie and the kite ripped me off the water so hard and fast that I was sure that this wasn't going to end well. After flying through the air higher and faster than I can ever remember I prepared for landing, or the big wipeout, and came down perfectly in control so I hooked back in and rode away. Whenever you land a move like that instead of crashing it gives you the confidence to keep going and see if you can't do it again. I tried a couple more ralies, S bends, backs to reverts and landed all of them and rode away. Even though I was worried about getting my ass kicked with each move I tried I kept going for it hoping that I would eventually get used to that powered up feeling. I'm not used to it yet, but I will be trying it again next time the conditions are right and hopefully I'll be more confident to go for it.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: